regular textmedium textlarge text
Print This Page

Miscellaneous Work Pass - Before you apply


The Miscellaneous Work Pass is for foreigners on short-term assignments (up to a maximum of 60 days) in the following activity categories:

  • A foreigner who is involved in activities directly related to the organisation or conduct of any seminar, conference, workshop, or gathering, which:
    • relates directly or indirectly to any religious belief, or to religion generally;
    • relates directly or indirectly to any race or community generally;
    • is cause-related or directed towards a political end, including involvement as a speaker, moderator, facilitator, or trainer.
  • A foreign religious worker giving talks relating directly or indirectly to any religion; and
  • A foreign journalist, reporter, or an accompanying crew member not supported or sponsored by any Singapore Government agency to cover an event or write a story in Singapore.

Foreign artistes performing at night-clubs, lounges, pubs, restaurants, hotels, and country clubs would no longer be issued with a Professional Visit Pass, but instead, would be issued with a Work Permit (Performing Artistes).

Documents Required

These documents and information are required for a Miscellaneous Work Pass application:

  1. Miscellaneous Work Pass Application Form

    Download pdfMiscellaneous Work Pass Application form
    1. The applicant must be sponsored by a Singapore incorporated body/organisation or religious organisation registered in Singapore
    2. The application form must be endorsed with the organisation's stamp or seal, and signed by the applicant and an authorised officer from the sponsoring company.
    3. Please refer to the List of Standard Occupation below before filling the 'Occupation' field in the application form.
  2. A synopsis of the talk if the applicant is:
    1. Involved in activities directly related to the organisation or conduct of any seminar, conference, workshop, gathering or talk concerning any religion, race or community, cause, or political end.
    2. Giving talks relating directly or indirectly to any religion.
  3. Company’s latest business profile/instant information/registration papers registered with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority or professional bodies
  4. Photograph of the applicant (passport-sized and taken within last three months)
  5. Personal particulars page of applicant’s passport/travel document.

Important information:

Applicants who hold non-English documents or certificates are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation done by translation service providers, High Commission/Embassy or notary public.


These are the fees collected for each Miscellaneous Work Pass application:

Upon submission of each application An administrative fee of $70
Last updated on 02 May 2014 11:33:52