Work Holiday Pass - Before you apply
Changes to the Work Holiday Programme
From 1 December 2012, changes have been made to the eligibility criteria of the Work Holiday Programme (WHP) as part of the regular review of the programme. This is to ensure that the WHP remains focused on facilitating well-qualified young foreign students and graduates to take up internships in Singapore.
The Work Holiday Programme is applicable to:
- University undergraduates and graduates aged 18 to 25 years old of all nationalities studying in selected universities in the eight countries/territories: Australia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States.
The universities must be ranked among the top 200 for overall academic performanace in any of the following international rankings at least once within the past five years:
For undergraduates: they must be resident and full-time students of the university for at least three months prior to the submission of the WHP application.
For graduates: they are required to be former resident and full-time students of the university.
The Work Holiday Programme has a capacity for 2,000 applicants at any one point in time and applicants must not hold a Work Holiday Pass within 12 months from the submission of the application. Successful applicants who have obtained the Work Holiday Pass are allowed to live and work in Singapore for up to six months and are not restricted to only specific types of work. However, existing licensing, registration or accreditation requirements (e.g. medicine or law) will apply. For more information on occupations that require prior approval, please click here.
These documents and information are required for the Work Holiday Pass:
- A letter from the awarding institution (i.e. University/College) stating the applicant’s matriculation, name, nationality, gender and date of birth
- A copy of the degree certificate or transcripts (for graduates only)
- A copy of the student card issued by the awarding institution (for undergraduates only)
- A copy of the personal particulars page of the applicant’s passport/travel document
Applicants who hold non-English degree certificates, transcripts or letters from the University/College are required to submit a copy of the original papers and the official English translation certified by the University/College.
These are the fees collected for each Work Holiday Pass application:
|Upon issuance request