Singapore Inter-Agency Taskforce on Trafficking in Persons
The Singapore Inter-Agency Taskforce on Trafficking in Persons was established in 2010 in recognition of the threat of Trafficking in Persons (TIP) in Singapore. Co-chaired by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) and the Ministry of Manpower (MOM), the Taskforce includes representatives from the Singapore Police Force (SPF), Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Ministry of Community Development, Youth & Sports (MCYS), Ministry of Health (MOH), Ministry of Law (MinLaw), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC). The aim of the Taskforce is to implement holistic, co-ordinated strategies to combat TIP more effectively.
In 2011, the Taskforce started work on a National Plan of Action (NPA) based on the 4 ‘P’s of Prevention, Prosecution, Protection and Partnership, to set out strategic outcomes and implementation plans to combat TIP. The NPA was drafted after intensive consultation with stakeholders, and launched on 21 March 2012 by Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, Acting Minister for Manpower and Senior Minister of State for National Development. The NPA contains 31 initiatives and is a roadmap for concerted action from 2012 to 2015. It will strengthen current policies and systems, as well as develop new ones to address current gaps. More information on these initiatives may be found in the NPA.
TIP Public Awareness
Recognising the importance of public education in the prevention of TIP, the Taskforce has launched the TIP public awareness grant, which will support public education efforts on TIP by interested individuals or organisations. The application date opens from 1st February till 31st March 2013.
The grant is open to:
- Singaporeans and Permanent Residents
- Singapore-based, not-for-profit and non-governmental organisations (NGOs)
- Singapore-based voluntary welfare organisations (VWOs)
You may download the form here. Please send the completed form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "TIP public awareness proposal from <insert your name of organisation>".
For more information on the grant, you may reach the following contact person:
Ms Daphne Wee
Senior Manager, Joint Ops Directorate, MOM
Tel: 6317 1142
- Singapore Inter-Agency Taskforce's Detailed Response to the 2011 US State Department's Trafficking In Persons Report, 1 August 2011
- Speech by Mr Tan Chuan-Jin, Acting Minister for Manpower and Senior Minister of State for National Development at the launch event of the National Plan of Action, 21 March 2012
- Singapore Inter-Agency Taskforce's official statement in response to the 2012 US State Department's Trafficking in Persons Report, 20 June 2012
- Singapore Inter-Agency Taskforce's Detailed Response to the 2012 U.S. State Department's Trafficking in Persons Report, 13 July 2012
- Media Release by Singapore Inter-Agency Taskforce on Trafficking in Persons, 11 January 2013 - $80,000 Fund Launched to Raise Awareness for Trafficking-In-Persons